Friday, December 05, 2008

Soooooo, I never know how to start these things. I really don't think anyone reads my posts anyways. The end of the year is quickly approaching and what a year it has been. Lots of smiles, a few tears and some great memories. I love the holidays and every year hold on to them far too long by leaving our tree up until February. That is the great thing about having a fake tree. I know that none of this makes any sense but again the only people that read this already know we are crazy so why change pace.

Seriously, this year has been one for the record books. I don't know how to sum it up; therefore, I will leave it at that. We will enter 2009 with a new determination. Both of us are continuing our education. I hope to get into a real university, finally. We hope to return to SD in April. But, the best news of all, again I don't think anyone reads this so essentially I am talking to myself, we are going to adopt. Yep not just plan on it but actually do it. The paperwork has begun and we picked an agency, and our home study agency. Now all we have to do is fill out paperwork, no small feat, get accepted and wait. Then there is more waiting, a bit more and then, yep more waiting and then, WE GET TO GO GET OUR BABY. Finally light at the end of the tunnel. Well off to bed with a smile on my face and a new bounce in my step.

To a fabulously challenging year; may it bring us the wisdom we need to continue through our journey with smiles and lots and lots of laughter. Did I mention I am talking to myself :).

Au revoir mes amis

2 comments:

Caren said...

Jilly, you're not talking to yourself. I love to read your posts. I just listened to the song you posted in october. Thats a great song. I love you guys! I'm so excited you're moving forward to adopt! I cant wait to meet my new niece or nephew...:)

Unknown said...

I'm reading it too. Love you guys. By the way...I didn't know you were so poetic. You are a beautiful writer. Maybe a autobiography???Auntie Kathleen