Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Small Update

I am changing this post because I realized my dates were way off. Monday makes 6 weeks of waiting for our phone to ring. In the world of adoption time lines, this is not a long wait. Every week marks one more week closer to our referral. This is both exciting and nerve racking. I think the idea of having a child naturally brings on this sense of dread. What do I know about parenting and how the heck am I going to figure it out when they hand me that precious child. We are ready to hit the ground running;however, are trying our best to keep our nerves under wraps. It has taken us a lot to get to this point. I can't tell you how many times we felt we would never be here. Now that we are I have to admit I am a little scared. For now we wait, the rest will come when time is ready.

3 comments:

Our Family said...

I read it and am excited about this update. Can't wait for the next one. Praying, praying that your phone rings very soon. :)

Carla S.

Jenny said...

JBean,

I saw your comment on our blog about our adoption from Korea, Sorry it has taken so long for a reply I'm not good with the blog thing! Waiting for the phone call was the hardest thing for me and was harder than waiting to go pick up Ezra now. Funny because everyone said it would be harder after a picture, but so far that's not the case. You will be in our prayers and hang in there, the call will come we waited 10 weeks!

Caren said...

I thought 10 weeks seemed a little long...I hope the phone rings soon for you :) We love you!